Today's post is a little different than usual. I'm not sharing a recipe, a diy, a craft nor sewing project. I am always curious about those of you who have been reading my blog. I love to hear from you. I like hearing about your lives - what has encouraged you and what projects have inspired you. So, I thought it would only be appropriate for me to share a little in return. Hear are 25 facts about myself that might help you to get to know me a little more. That is, more than what you have already figured out through my blog posts.
1. I was born and grew up in Brazil (in Portuguese, Brazil is spelled with an "s." It is still hard to write Brazil with a "z"! )
2. My favorite color is red. My favorite flowers are roses. I bought 7 rose plants this past year. *cheesy grin* They say Texas weather is perfect for roses....
3. I have always love to organize. Even as a little girl I was constantly organizing and re-organizing my room.
4. I love reading the Bible. I am so thankful that God has given us His Word so we can know Him, and have solutions for all of life's problems!
5. Growing up, we always had the same kind of dogs, Weimaraners! I loved them. The Beagle we own now (Hershey) is taking a little getting used to; yet, I love him in spite of his constant need to jump on people. LOL!
6. I LOVE Coca-Cola.... I think that Brazilian or Mexican Coke has a better flavor. (Something about the fact that it has less cinnamon....?)
8. Visiting Europe someday is on my bucket list.
9. I love baking and eating what I bake. This is not always a good combination. :0)
10. I love fruit and have had to get over the disappointment of not having deliciously fresh fruit like we have in Brazil.
11. Elementary Education was my major in college. I love seeing kids learn. Especially when they get that little "I get it" spark!
12. I love working in the dirt. There is something so relaxing about being outside and working in the garden.
13. Too much time indoors makes me clausterphobic. I must have big windows so I can see out.
14. I love the ocean. Especially the Atlantic (because it is warm). I love the beach, and would likely be there everyday if I lived close to one.
15. Cold weather is on my "no thank you" list -- my hands, nose, and toes are always cold no matter what.
16. I HATE talking on the telephone.
17. I don't like coffee - not even the smell of it. *Crazy, huh?*
18. All sports are great and I enjoy playing any of them. Although, I don't watch many on TV.
19. Card games are a favorite.
20. I love living in Texas.
21. I'm afraid of heights. I can't even look down from the third floor in the mall without getting a queazy stomach and weak legs.
22. The sight of blood makes me immediately weak. This ruined my childhood dream of becoming a vet. :0(
23. I like change. Not surprise change, but planned change.
24. My sense of humor is such that I laugh when people get hurt (not badly hurt). It has taken my husband, and one of my sons some time to get used to this. :0)
25. Alone time rejuvenates me.
Well, hopefully I haven't shocked any one too much. :0) Can you relate to any of these?